Our Curriculum is based on Panchakosha Vikas – Five-fold Development – A keystone in Indian tradition
Panchakosha is an ancient explication of the importance of the body-mind complex in human experience and understanding. This non-dichotomous approach to human develop- ment gives clear pathways and direction towards a more holistic education.
The child is a whole being with panchako- shas or five sheaths. The layers are annamaya kosha (physical layer), prana- maya kosha (life force energy layer), manomaya kosha (mind layer), vijnana- maya kosha (intellectual layer) and anandamaya kosha (inner self). Each layer exhibits certain distinct characteris- tics. The holistic development of a child takes into account the nurturing and nourishment of these five layers.
(As acknowledged by the NCF)
Our main guiding principle as per the NEP 2020 framework is
- Recognizing, identifying, and fostering the unique capabilities of each student, by sensitizing Teachers as well as parents to promote each student’s holistic development in both academic and non-academic spheres.
- Flexibility, so that learners have the ability to choose their learning trajectories and programmes, and thereby choose their own paths in life according to their talents and interests.
- Multidisciplinary and holistic education across the sciences, social sciences, arts, humanities, and sports for a multidisciplinary world in order to ensure the unity and integrity of all knowledge.
- Promoting life skills such as communication, cooperation, teamwork, and resilience.
- Conceptual understanding, problem-solving, creativity, and critical thinking to encourage logical decision-making and innovation.
Experiential Learning Cycle
At the heart of our Primary Program is our commitment to Experiential Learning i.e inquiry and exploration as vehicles for learning. We nurture the innate curiosity in children through concrete hands-on experiences which occur in contexts that take the shape of ‘themes and expeditions’. These experiential units enable learning which provides scope for integration of language, science, social science, music and movement, free from boundaries of isolated subjects and rote learning.
Special Needs Program
In keeping with the spirit and intentions of the Right to Education, we, at ipsaa Global celebrate and appreciate the uniqueness of every child. The Special Education Needs (SEN) program is specially designed to meet the needs of differently-abled children who find it difficult to cope with the mainstream curriculum. ipsaa Global has not only opened its doors for differently-abled children, but also for children with severe learning difficulties and behavioral concerns. We believe that all children have an equal right to learn and play, and benefit from the opportunities that learning opens up in life. As a learning community, we support each child in accomplishing her/his own goals, at her/his own pace.